Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hiccups, stairs, and siestas

I have had hiccups for the last five minutes and will probably continue to have hiccups for the rest of this post. If you did not know I usually only have a hiccup or two a day, but when I get them they last forever! Erin has had hiccups several times today because we woke up at 3 am and got on a plane to Rome at 625. It was freakishly early, but that's the earliest travel we have for the rest of the trip, so that's something to look forward to! I am pretty sleepy though.

Speaking of sleepy, I just recently learned the word siesta (Spanish for nap in case you didn't know either). Since learning that word I've taken siestas on the Louvre grass, the Eiffel tower lawn, and plan to in Rome as soon as I get off the internet. Funny though that I never took one in Madrid. Do siestas prevent you from sleeping well at night? I don't think I've ever really had a problem with them... It's nice to relax after running around all over the place. My feet were literally killing me in Paris, but they've gotten a lot better since then. We didn't walk much in Madrid though compared to Paris and probably Rome.

Stairs. They are the essence of Paris. We walked up hundreds and very likely thousands of stairs every day! Trust me, it begins to hurt after a while. It's weird to walk so much here when in the US I do very little walking. At school I walk to class and such, but here we're walking several miles every day. It's intense. I really hope I'm more in shape by the end of it though!

Two thoughts for today: Europeans are crazy drivers. There is also more graffiti in Rome than I've seen in any other city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wake up people!