Friday, September 12, 2008

Bonjour!

I've been in France for the past week and a half and I've been having an amazing time. My host family is adorable and extremely nice. I'm in a group of seven people from my school. We're small but we all get along, so that's great. I've had excellent four course dinners with my family four nights a week and I'm totally looking forward to the rest of them. I've been trying new things and am enjoying 98% of them aside from Apricot Chilled Pudding (or something, I hate apricots), tomatos, and a very undercooked pizza. However, I've tried eating half an alvacado and vinegar and really like it, never would have seen that coming.

Any suggestions as to what I should do in Paris that I wouldn't do otherwise in the States? Food suggestions? I love escargo, so I'm already on that one.

The only bad thing about this is that I have class Monday through Friday and one 5-7 pm. This really limits travel which is definitely a part of studying abroad. However, I'm still travelling! I'm going to Rome this weekend and I can't wait!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Study under the Eiffel Tower! Order your snails in French! Sketch in the Louvre! Buy something really expensive on the Champs street thing. I can't spell it. :)

Anonymous said...

Elysees?

Torts... eat nothing but torts. Anything that has a cream based sauce. SOUPS, France is suppost to have the best soups in the world....

Anonymous said...

Umm...well u can...wait no...yeah...but...

Sorry i have no ideas for ya LOL