Friday, August 15, 2008

Sick, Scared, and Excited

Prague, Berlin, and Amsterdam went well. I'm sorry for not updating you until now. I got sick in Berlin and I'm still hacking up a lung. I bought cough syrup today though (however gross the stuff is), so I'm looking on the bright side. I'm sad to see everyone go, especially because I won't be seeing most of them for the whole semester. The trip was great and I'm extremely glad I went.

Now I'm excited and nervous about the archaeology dig. My fears are that I'll be lonely, it'll be miserable weather, I won't have the proper clothing or equipment, and I won't have access to the internet or a payphone. Hopefully these will prove to be nothing. I'm excited about the trip though and looking forward to everything. My boarding time is in 15 minutes, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

With the first leg of my journey over there is still so much left. I only just finished the first three weeks of my time abroad out of four months! It's rather daunting to think about in many ways. I can only pray for the best though and be optimistic. I'll be visiting Ally, Bethany, and Stephen sometime over the semester to view their study abroad worlds and share my own. Hopefully I will have some interesting things to share of my own as well.

I really have to go to the bathroom, but I have five minutes left on the internet! I've been holding it for twenty minutes though and I don't think I can last any longer. Until next time my fair companions!

'Snap, Crackle, Pop your face.' Ally

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

being sick is retarded...

So get better!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I just caught up on your posts. How's your cough?

Are you in England now? I hope you enjoy the dig. I'm sure it's going to be hard work and boring at times. But stick with it!

How's the money holding out? Do you need some help?

We love you and miss you!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got sick....i bet ur dig will be great!